Digital Grain Elevator is a value-driven software provider. We use technology to solve real-world challenges and bring tangible benefits to farmers and businesses across agriculture.
We are looking for a VP of Engineering to help lead, shape, and scale our engineering team and technology platform. As the VP of Engineering, you will help define and promulgate high standards and expectations for our software engineers and technical staff. In addition, you will work closely with fellow leaders to steer and manage our technology initiatives, translating business needs into a cohesive technical strategy.
What you will be responsible for
- Driving the delivery of our product development and coordinating across departments daily
- Creating a high-performance engineering culture focused on accountability and results
- Recruit, develop, and retain a high-performance engineering team
- Ensure teams are accountable, have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Build and strengthen our engineering management practices
- Craft a multi-horizon technical product vision. Driving the technical roadmap for our core products and services.
- Serve as a technology thought leader within the business, maintaining technical standards, security, trends, and emerging technologies
- Be a vital partner of the executive team by informing our strategic and product roadmaps, identifying inefficiencies, and implementing methods to streamline execution across the company.
- Make and own critical decisions and be proactive in foreseeing and resolving issues
- Define changes to system architecture to improve system performance and scale
- Champion the delivery of quality software efficiently and predictably to meet the demands of the business and our customers
- Foster a collaborative culture with a strong emphasis on teamwork and innovation
What you will bring
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position within an engineering department
- Early track record of success as part of an engineering team, where you shipped B2B SaaS products (web and mobile)
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and the ability to identify required cloud capabilities based on business use cases
- Previous experience building and scaling an engineering team
- Hands-on technical experience in designing, building, and securing AWS services
- You understand agile methodologies and a variety of programming languages. You enjoy digging into the code whenever it is required.
- You have experience with AWS and previously developed software-at-scale
- You are passionate about DevOps culture and modern infrastructure practices (i.e., CI/CS) and have knowledge in QA, automated testing, and testing frameworks
- 5+ years of experience as a Full Stack Developer or Software Architect
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in software engineering, information systems, or computer science
Perks and Benefits
- A hybrid work environment with flexible working hours and unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% company-paid premiums for health and dental
- Unlimited potential for growth and upward career mobility